AEf - Advertising Education forum
RSS feed
follow us on Twitter
Connect with AEf
[+]
Australia
[+]
[+]
LSE

A new study by the Cancer Council NSW found that the rate of unhealthy food and beverage advertising on TV has not dropped since 2011, suggesting minimal impact of the self-regulatory industry initiatives. The authors urge the government “to take long-awaited action to regulate to protect children from the impact and influence of junk food advertising.”...

[+]
Australia

study conducted by academics from the Radboud University (the Netherlands) and Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (Spain) and published in the Journal Appetite shows that on-screen messages warning children of the commercial intent of advergames are ineffective and could even encourage children to eat more....

[+]
EU

The Spanish Consumers Organisation (OCU) issued a press release calling on the government to ban the advertising of 'unhealthy' food and beverage to children....

[+]
Spain

In its latest report, the Audiovisual Council of Catalonia found a decrease of 1.3% in the number of toy adverts aired over Christmas on Catalonian TV using gender stereotypes. This represents a total of 32.7% of toy advertising using gender stereotypes compared with 34% last year....

[+]
Spain

Today AEf is publishing a comprehensive literature review on digital marketing communications and children, prepared by Dr Barbie Clarke, of...

[+]

Joseph Savirimuthu, Senior Lecturer in Law at the University of Liverpool, argues that the revised EU Gen

[+]
LSE

Commercial broadcasters need greater incentives to invest in quality children’s programming as the influx of streaming services means...

[+]
Ad News

Childhood obesity is a very serious health concern that needs addressing urgently given the social and economic costs involved. But...

[+]
EurActiv

With Google processing 40,000 search queries a second — or 1.2 trillion a year — it's a safe bet that many of those doing the...

[+]
USA Today